It’s been scheduled for Gameweek 34: the week of doubles; the week of give-me-more; the week of second helpings; the Double Gameweek (DGW).
What’s your tactic? I played my Free Hit chip for the blank Gameweek and it didn’t give me the point differential I wanted. I still have my Wildcard though and will be looking to take advantage of bringing in the right players for the upcoming DGW. The Free Hit chip may be the best option, however, as the DGW teams don’t play on GW35.
The following is a starting-XI of players from each of the DGW clubs who I’m thinking are must-haves for that Gameweek (keep in mind this may change due to injuries and other unforeseeable circumstances):
- MID: Stanislas – Two goals in his last two matches. The Cherries’ strikers aren’t getting it done right now, but he is.
- FWD: Wood – He’s scored three and has one assist in his last three matches. Worth a go in my opinion.
- DEF: Tarkowski or Ward might be too, but I don’t see clean sheets on the horizon against Leicester and Chelsea (even if both matches are at home).
- MID: Gröss – The German has a goal and three apples in his last five matches. He may be back to his old ways from earlier in the season.
- MID: Hazard – Will he show up during the DGW? He’s a maybe in my starting-XI. If you can fit him in go for it, but he hasn’t shown up the last two matches.
- DEF: Alonso or Azpilicueta – Either may be viable options as Chelsea play Southampton and Burnley. Chelsea’s final string of fixtures is somewhat favourable too (plus Alonso on FKs is always dangerous).
- FWD: Vardy – I went from Kane to Vardy. Just seemed logical. Let’s hope it pays off and I can redistribute my leftover funds appropriately.
- MID: Mahrez – He’s back in favour and up to his old tricks. I see him getting returns in both matches against Burnley and Southampton.
- MID: Salah – You may think, wait a minute, Liverpool doesn’t have a DGW! I know. But you can’t afford to leave the king of this FPL season out of your lineup. You’ll get torched if you don’t include him—he’s playing Bournemouth (at home). Plus, if you’re like me, he’s gained about £1.0 in value.
- FWD: Lukaku – He’s heating up. Three goals and two assists in his last five matches, (and goals in his last couple international matches) Big Rom is feeling it again.
- GK: DDG – De Gea is facing the PL’s worst club West Brom at home and Bournemouth away with potential clean sheets in each. Worth a go if you ask me.
- Don’t you dare… stay far away. One goal and six against in their last four matches. No thanks.
- MID: Son – The Korean surpassed Eriksen in total FPL points last match. He might be playing as a false 9 in this Kane-less stretch as well. Take advantage of the lad and his Sonny disposition.
- DEF: Aurier – He has 26 FPL points in his last three matches (2 CS, 1G). He’s on form, so look for him to start against City and be a difference-maker.
Keep in mind that the DGW teams don’t play in Gameweek 35 so you might want to keep a few of those high-flying Liverpool and City players to make sure you have a balanced squad.
May all your arrows be green this Gameweek!