The day is upon us. The battle cries can be heard all over London and across the globe. This may be the most crucial North London Derby yet. The stakes are incredibly high.
With both club’s new signings vying for attention and a starting-XI spot, we’re in for a high-flying end-to-end barn burner. It will be quite the swing for a top-4 push if either team could snag a victory.
Let’s look at the FPL potential of the three hot newcomers, who will be diving deep into their first North London Derby blood rush:
- Lucas Moura (£8.0)
- The speedy Brazilian is expected to make his first appearance for Spurs today. I expect him to come in as a sub instead of Sissoko for most likely Son. If he starts, it’ll hype up a lot of Spurs’ faithful. We’ll see if he’s worth picking up after seeing his pace at play in the Premier League and against a top-six side.
- Aubameyang (£10.5)
- We’ll see if Aubameyang can consistently justify his FPL price tag. The striker is all-legs (and all-hair) and preys on getting behind his opponent’s backline. His little dink of a goal against Everton was impressive and quaint.
- I’m thinking of jousting Agüero for gameweek 29 and bringing in Aubameyang as they start a friendly string of fixtures. It’d give me flexible funds for options elsewhere in defence or midfield.
- Mkhitaryan (£7.8)
- I have a feeling that Mkhi will cool off again just like he did with United. Wenger will put his faith in him, but he isn’t strong enough on the ball to muscle his way through when times get tough.
- Although, I would say Mkhi is the best bargain of these three new FPL options. He’ll have a hand in creating a lot of Arsenal’s scoring chances.
Sit back and grab the popcorn—this derby should be a doozy. Enjoy, and may all your arrows be green this gameweek!