Spurs 0 – 0 Swans
My oh my, Wembley is a tough nut to crack. Spurs did everything but score last weekend and came out with a goose-egg draw versus the Swans. Pretty boring match to be honest. We thought Mike Dean was a Spurs fan… a couple of pens should’ve been awarded (maybe).
It felt like Spurs tried to work the ball down the right flank only to settle for a mediocre cross. It was frustrating, to say the least. The stats were lopsided, but Swansea deserves a pat on the back for executing their defensive tactics to a tee. With their dense red kits, Swansea was a formidable brick wall that got in front of the ball and clogged up the top of the box.
This weekend, Spurs head to the London Stadium for a London derby against West Ham, which should be a way more open game. Look for Spurs to crack a West Ham side who have struggled to start the season. The Hammers are coming off two straight league clean sheets, however. I don’t see them parking the bus against Spurs though.
Gameweek 6 Predicted Scoreline:
Spurs 2 – 1 West Ham
Spurs: Alli, Kane
- Must have – Davies (£5.7)
- Yes, I did drop Kane. I don’t want to miss the Agüero train. Hopefully, I don’t miss the Kane train in the process. Davies will be back in the lineup this weekend. With all the chances he’s been creating, look for him to inject some lively play and feed the lads up front.
- Differential – Vertonghen (£6.0)
- This guy is nailed on week in and week out. With the uncertainty of Spurs rotating their fullbacks, Vertonghen will play and just might convert on one of those corner chances he keeps getting.
- Bargain – Trippier (£5.4)
- Tripps is still available at a discounted price. He assisted Alli this past week in the Carabao Cup, but will Aurier get the start this weekend? That unknown will haunt your FPL decisions if you’re considering him. Time will tell if he’s the true number one RWB.
- Avoid – Sissoko (£5.4)
- The strange mysterious of Sissoko. He starts and has the opportunity to prove his worth but doesn’t assert himself on the game. It’s puzzling. We really want to like this bloke.