Wembley is a cruel beast. Spurs have to learn how to calm the ambition of visiting sides who rise to the challenge and play bigger than they are in the epic, historical stadium.
Against Burnley, Spurs decided to push for an insurance marker instead of call it a night and defend FIRST in stoppage time. Trippier looked out of sorts in the final minutes (as did the defence as a whole really) and Burnley’s new man Wood took advantage with a blue-collar finish.
Away at Everton this Saturday will suit the team as they look to get back to winning ways. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Spurs do better on the road than at home this season. Keep that in mind in regards to FPL. Everton is no push over however, and the Toffees will want to bounce back after a disappointing showing against Chelsea in GW3. Hopefully it’s an exciting match and a Spurs victory, but I see it being a draw… and history favours Everton:
Everton are unbeaten in nine of their last 10 home matches
against Tottenham in all competitions.
Predicted score line: Spurs 1 – 1 Everton
Spurs – Kane
Everton – Sigurdsson
- Stand-out performer: Alli (£9.5)
- Versus Burnley, Alli got down and dirty and finally pounded in his own rebound to put Spurs up 1–0. He was a threat all game and came out with 2 bonus points. However, his middle finger fiasco may affect his play with all the attention he’s getting from FIFA’s decision to open disciplinary proceedings.
- Look for him to channel this attention for the better. He thrives on controversy.
- Value for money: Kane (£12.4)
- Wow, he actually dropped in price… this only helps if you’d like to bring him in and lost a £0.1 elsewhere. He’s going to score. Let’s just hope it starts now.
- Differential pick: Dier (£5.0)
- Last week I said stay away. This week I say why not? Dier scored a beauty goal for England during the international break and he’ll be flying high from it. He’ll definitely be looking to get another chance to bury a peach on a corner this weekend.
- Avoid: Trippier (£5.4)
- With Aurier coming into the squad, Spurs have healthy competition in the RB position. Trippier might still be harbouring an injury and may see rotation.